- traditional sketching with Wacom Bamboo Slate
- digital sketching and drawing with iPad
- Sketching Thumbnails/Layouts
- Skethiching Final
First Idea sketch with Bamboo Slate
- Adobe Sketch
Thumbnail of 15 pages with Adobe Sketch on iPad. Bamboo sketches are enlarged with layouting main drawing objects. This is not a final sketch yet. The sketches from Bamboo slate are placed at the top left hand corner of each page.
- other objects
- reference of pictures
- make workspace thumbnail for design
- copy and make it bigger - zoom in for a comp
- then draw final sketch
Illustrate the words
- If pagination of manuscript is done, you can begin to illustrate the words with your art skills.
- the pagination is important if it changes, the overhead of time to re-work illustrating is so much.
Make Thumbnail Sketches
- illustrating the main idea
- speedy to evaluate the entire book
- it allows you to design each image. here design means not to complete the final sketches with color. Plan, organise and arrage the images in harmony.
- The goal of thumbnail sketches is to plan the entire illustration using simple shapes
- start with small one and you can easily enlarge on photoshop or iPad.
- and copy & paste each thumbnail to each PSD file.
- Bleed for printing on paper
- repeat at least 3 times
- simple area for text
- whole illustration left, text right
- text area runs on the illustration
- text under the illustration
- whole illustration left, text with sport on the right
- spread and spot, free form, spread art, text around the illustration